Have you seen your favorite streamer do a live directly from his PlayStation 4, and would you like to try it too? Would you like to start a career as a streamer on Twitch or YouTube using your PS4 but don’t know how to set up a stream on the console? Don’t worry, I’m here to help you if you want.
With today’s guide, in fact, I will explain how to use ps4 camera for streaming. As a final result, you’ll be able to use your PlayStation 4 to stream your favorite content on Twitch or YouTube. In case you were wondering, I will explain how to do all this even without having to spend money on the external equipment. In fact, if you don’t know, Sony’s console already includes everything you need to kick off a live online. So, guys, without furthermore discussion right now, let’s start one by one.
Getting know: How to Use Ps4 Camera for Streaming
What are you still doing standing there? Do you want to try to become a streamer, yes or no? Yup? Perfect, then read and put into practice the brief directions below. I promise you that you will be having pleasure with your spectators using your PlayStation 4. Before going into the details of the procedure on how to do live on PS4, I believe it is vital to describe to you the requirements to perform this operation.
Requirements to perform this operation
Here are two requirements that are needed for better streaming:
- First of all, you need a good Internet connection: The most important parameter, in this sense, is the upload performance of the network, which determines the quality of the live stream and the upload speed of the online video stream. Make sure your connection is good.
- In general, an upload speed ranging from 3,500 to 5,000 kbps for Twitch (therefore from 3.5 Mbps to 5 Mbps) and 3,000 to 6,000 kbps for YouTube is required to create a live stream of 1080p resolution at 30 fps. (therefore, from 3 Mbps to 6 Mbps).
However, my advice is only to allocate 75% of the upload bandwidth to live broadcast.
How to Connect and Configure PS4 Camera
Connect with the PS Camera cable to the AUX port is not a rocket science. If you are following some steps, then you can easily do this without any problems. Let’s have a look on this.
- At first, you have to connect the PS Camera cable with a port which is on the backside of the PS4. Then Set the camera on a horizontal surface and then place it towards where you are through the game.
- Make sure you already change the angle of the PS camera and frame the right area.
- To make sure your Playstation 4 is connected to the Internet, go to the top toolbar and then tap the X marked button on the controller above the Settings icon. At this point, select the Network item and then the Configure Internet connection.
- Once this is done, press the X button on the pad and choose whether to use a wireless network, selecting Use Wi-Fi> Typical and typing the access key, or a wired network.
- Then you have to press the X button on the controller on the item Use a network cable (LAN).
If you already followed these steps, then you will able to connect with the PS Camera cable to the AUX port easily.
How to Live on Twitch PS4
Twitch is one of the most popular platforms for streaming video games, and many successful characters have started their careers right on the servers of this service, which is owned by Amazon. Here are simple 7 steps for live on twitch with PS4 camera.
If you also want to try your luck on this platform, you must first sign up for Twitch. Visit, therefore, the official Twitch site from any browser, press the Login button at the top right, and select the item Subscribe from the screen that is proposed to you.
At this point, type Username, Password, Date of birth, and Email in the appropriate text fields, put the checkmark next to the item I’m not a robot, and press the Subscribe button.
You will receive a confirmation email and you will only have to click on the link contained in it to verify your account. Now, to start a Twitch stream, you just have to start the game you want to broadcast and press the Share button on the controller.
Once this is done, select the item Broadcast game and press the X button on the controller to OK. Next, select the Twitch icon and press the X pad button on the Login item. At this point, scan the QR Code that appears on the screen or connected to the Twitch activation page from your computer or smartphone. Then enter your username and password and press on the word Login.
Now, type in the code given to you by the PlayStation 4 and hit the purple Activate button. Perfect, you’ve now paired your console with your Twitch profile. Once this is done, press the X button on the controller above the OK item and select the Twitch icon.
All the settings related to live broadcast will appear on the screen. From here you can, for example, choose whether to activate the webcam, the microphone audio, and whether or not to display the messages/comments of the viewers.
Once you have set all your preferences, press the X button of the pad on the item Start broadcasting, to start the live broadcast.
If, on the other hand, you want to record a simple video and not go live streaming, I invite you to consult my tutorial on how to record on PS4.
PS4 camera is one of the professional cameras used for live streaming on Twitch, Youtube, and other platforms. But the problem is How to use ps4 camera for streaming? We were already tried to give all the information on this content. Let’s summarize:
- Before streaming, make sure your internet connection is well enough. Then you have to connect with the PS Camera cable to the AUX port.
- Make sure your Playstation 4 is connected to the Internet successfully.
- If you want to go live on twitch, then you have to signup on there and fulfill all the recommendations.
- Start the game and tap on the SHARE switch on the controller. Then you have to select the Broadcast Game option and then login the streaming service you expect to use.
- You can also create another account with the live streaming service provider from this screen. Before streaming, you have to tap on the “PlayStation Camera video” and must include the microphone.
I hope you guys are enjoying this post. Now i would like to know from you which things you didn’t know before? Leave a comment below and know us. Thanks for reading.