The PlayStation camera is for streaming specific games for the PS2 and the PS3. You can also use the Ps3 camera on pc as a webcam.
When plugged into a Windows PC, the PlayStation camera can be used for video conferencing programs such as Skype. It also does an excellent job of filtering out background noise for a more precise voice connection with faster and more natural tracking, responsiveness, and smoothness.
Considering all these benefits, I think it is the right moment to know how to use the PlayStation 3 camera on your computer.
What Can You Do With A PS3 Camera?
The Ps3 Camera adds some useful features to the PlayStation 3 experience. The ps3 camera enables –
- Natural user interface and mixed reality video game applications through computer vision (CV) and gesture recognition technologies implemented in the specific software.
- Simple edge detection and color tracking,
- Digimask face mapping
- Vision Library for advanced facial recognition/analysis and CV-based head tracking.
- PSVR (PlayStation Voice Recognition), a speech recognition library to support about 20 different languages.
- Identification of eyes, mouth, eyebrows, nose, and eyeglasses
- Detect the shape of the mouth and the smile.
- Track the subject’s head’s position and orientation and estimate the age and gender of the face.
- Interactive communication and content creation like movie-making and video blogging.
- An AV Chat feature that allows for an audio-visual chat with anyone on a user’s PlayStation Network friends list (up to six at once).
- Free EyeCreate video editing software provides users with the opportunity of capturing pictures, video, and audio clips directly to the hard drive of the PlayStation 3 console.
- Users to edit, save, and share their custom images, movies, and audio content.
- PlayStation Move for a motion control system for the PlayStation 3 based on video tracking and inertial sensors. This PlayStation Move uses the PlayStation Eye to track the wand’s position in three dimensions through a specially illuminated orb at the end.
The EyeToy Camera
The PS3 camera will allow a gamer to stand in front of a computer and visually communicate with the world. The PlayStation 3 owners have the PS3 EyeToy with the benefit of a webcam that includes motion-sensing technology. This EyeToy camera can be used on a pc, and you have to install the particular drivers.
Now you may have an inquiry – what is Eye Toy?
The EyeToy is a color webcam to use with the PlayStation 3. You can use computer vision and gesture recognition for the supported games to process images taken by the EyeToy. It was released in October 2003. The players can interact with the games using motion, color detection, and sound with its built-in microphone.
The camera is mainly for playing EyeToy games developed by Sony and other companies. You have to keep in mind that it is not generally used standard PC camera.
The Steps For Using Eyetoy:
Follow the steps to use ps3 camera on windows 10 –
- Click the Windows “Start” menu,
- Select “Control Panel,”
- choose “Hardware and Sound”
- Go to the “Device Manager” link under the Devices and Printers section.
- Put the USB cable from the PS3 EyeToy camera into a USB port on the pc. Click “Cancel” if a dialog box appears.
- Look for the PS3 camera in the Device Manager under “Imaging devices”. See whether the PS3 EyeToy camera is named as being the Logitech or Namtai model.
- Download and unzip the PlayStation 3 camera windows 10 driver that is appropriate for the model.
- Click on the PS3 camera listed in the Device Manager. Select “Update Driver” from the pop-up menu. Wait while the hardware update wizard runs.
- Check the prompts to install the drivers. Browse to the appropriate camera driver that was downloaded when the wizard indicates that it is time to do so.
- Select the “Finish” button to delete the wizard when it has completed the installation.
- Restart the computer and use the PS3 EyeToy camera as a webcam on the PC.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
What is PlayStation Camera?
The PlayStation Camera is developed by Sony Computer Entertainment, and it is a motion sensor and camera accessory for the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5.
Does the Playstation 4 Camera work on the PS3?
No, the PS4 Camera doesn’t work on the PS3.
Does PlayStation Eye come with a microphone?
The PlayStation Eye has a built-in four-capsule microphone array, with which the PlayStation 3 can use technologies for echo cancellation, multi-directional voice location tracking, and background noise suppression.
Check out the ways which are above mentioned to use the ps3 camera on pc. Let me know in the comment section below if you are having any issues with the installation or with the drivers.